Research into the benefits of music education has many facets
5 Direct benefits to your school
1. Happier students: Columbia University:
students who study music are more cooperative with teachers and peers, have higher levels of self-confidence and more equipped to express their ideas'
2. Greater enrolments: Parents look for schools that provide a music education offering. Comprehensive inclusive classroom music programmes attract parents looking for a school for their children.
3. Improved motivation and engagement: Active engagement, disciplined and sustained attention, persistence and risk taking are all benefits of regular high quality music instruction.
4. Less absenteeism: Schools with music programs have an estimated 93.9% attendance rate compared to schools without music education who average 84.9% attendance. 'Critical Links' research
5. Higher grades: Schools with systemic, high quality regular music lessons show improved academic scores across all subject areas in comparison to schools with no music program.